TOP-80 Microeconomics Research Paper Topics in 2022
Microeconomics is an exciting subject for many. It deals with the nuances and peculiarities of economic exchanges on a micro level, helping people understand the governing economic trends and events.
However, students who only start their economic education often find it hard to formulate a good topic for their home assignment. The multitude of subjects and themes is so huge that it’s hard to make a choice. We’re here to help you; enjoy a list of microeconomics research paper topics that will surely score you A’s on any occasion.
How to Select Microeconomics Research Paper Topics
Many students find it challenging to develop a great topic quickly. Here is a couple of tips to let you do it quicker and simpler.
Before you start writing, check whether there is enough supporting evidence for your theme. It’s much easier to compose a paper if many academic publications are available, supporting your claims and making the argument more persuasive.
#2 Personal Interest
We recommend going for the topic that interests you personally. You’ll enjoy the writing process much more if you examine the subject you’re curious about.
#3 Professor’s Prompt
Always double-check the professor’s prompt to see what topics are acceptable for a particular task. The worst is going off-topic and getting a low grade for an excellent paper only because it talks about a different thing.
30 Microeconomics Topics for Research Paper
- What are the causes of unequal allocation of scarce resources in countries?
- What market mechanisms evolved in the COVID-19 period?
- The primary causes of market failure.
- How do inflation and unemployment develop in the USA since early 2020?
- What is the principle of the utility maximization problem in microeconomics?
- The utility function in microeconomics.
- Why do countries meet the constrained optimization issue?
- How does microeconomic study treat consumer tastes and interests?
- The digital transformation of markets.
- The theory of supply and demand: new perspectives.
- How does the theory of collective action explain microeconomic processes?
- The view of public choice theory on optimal public welfare.
- Who are the microeconomic research pioneers?
- The basic premises of consumer demand theory.
- Popular approaches to the study of production.
- How does microeconomics explain gift-giving?
- The cost-of-production theory: primary cost factors.
- How has the concept of opportunity cost evolved with the advent of e-commerce?
- The principles of competitive equilibrium in modern markets.
- Which microeconomic models are popular in 21st-century research?
- How do microeconomic models in developed and developing countries differ from each other?
- The basic premises of the law of demand.
- Is perfect competition possible today?
- What can be regarded as a commodity in modern times?
- Utility of merchandize – the revolutionary impact of marketing.
- How has the purchasing power changed in the USA in the COVID-19 times?
- What are the preconditions for marginal utility?
- Can the USA be regarded as a perfectly competitive market?
- The premises of marginalist theory in microeconomics.
- What can the country’s GDP tell about the state of the economy?
20 Interesting Microeconomics Research Paper Topics
- How does microeconomics view market structure?
- What types of markets are in existence today?
- Perfect vs. imperfect competition: key features.
- The concept of monopoly.
- Monopoly vs. oligopoly.
- Are there real examples of monopsony in the world?
- How is the game theory applied to microeconomic studies?
- Research advancements of applied microeconomics.
- What are the pressing issues of health economics today?
- The link between public policy and labor economics.
- Secrets to small business survival.
- The consequences of inflation at all economic levels.
- Price elasticity and advertising.
- Is the law of demand universal for all commodities?
- The evolution of consumer preferences after income reduction.
- How can microeconomics help firms increase revenue?
- The impact of product differentiation.
- Different approaches to cost determination.
- The hidden mechanics of labor markets.
- Is market equilibrium affected by minimum wages?
15 Graduate-Level Microeconomics Research Paper Topics
- Microeconomics and politics – causes and effects.
- How can small firms compete in the modern market?
- Strategies for debt liquidation for SMEs.
- The growing trend of freelance and part-time work; impacts on the economy.
- How does productivity determine economic growth?
- How does IT advance microeconomic research and practice?
- What is the meaning of allocative efficiency?
- Does allocative efficiency contribute to perfect competition?
- The economic grounds for social inequality.
- Why is market segmentation significant in healthcare?
- How can governments intervene to prevent market failure?
- Intellectual property: a new microeconomic approach.
- What are the consequences of risk pooling?
- The importance of marginal profitability calculation.
- Basic premises of Walras equilibrium.
15 Easy Microeconomics Research Paper Topics
- The distribution of tax burden between buyers and sellers.
- Walras equilibrium and Marshall equilibrium: which is more relevant for the US economy?
- The causes of price discrimination.
- Microeconomic determinants of income inequality.
- What is a circular economy?
- What role do financial intermediaries play in the economy?
- What does the price ceiling do?
- The implications of asymmetric information on the markets.
- The difference between explicit and implicit costs.
- What sources of financing can a modern startup utilize?
- Monopolistic competition in the USA: case studies.
- Implications of concentration of production.
- How can a small firm improve the profitability of its operations?
- What is a homogenous product?
- Factors affecting the pricing system of various sectors.
Here you go with a set of topics for a microeconomics research paper that will make even the pickiest professor smile. Choose any of them to produce an award-winning paper. If you lack the free time or misunderstand microeconomics overall, there’s still a way out. Come to us and order an excellent assignment from a proven paper writing service.
We are on standby 24/7, ready to give you a helping hand and close any academic gaps.