Fashion Research Paper Topics: Find Inspiration Here
Anyone can write about fashion, regardless of gender. But even people who understand fashion trends can find it challenging to write an essay. The main challenge arises precisely with choosing a topic because fashion is something more than the ability to select clothes in one style or know all the popular brands.
Please don’t panic. We’ll show you how to choose a theme that will impress your professor. Also, below, you will find a list of the best fashion research paper topics.
How to Select the Best Fashion Research Paper Topic?
When writing a research paper about fashion, you need to show all your creativity. And the first thing that catches your eye is the theme. It is a responsible task, but in fact, it is not difficult if you follow a few simple tips:
- Please make a shortlist of your interests in this area and try to develop one of them.
- Decide on a time frame. Fashion has existed for centuries, so think about what you would like to write about, for example, hats from the 18th or the 21st century.
- Decide on an audience that would be particularly interested in reading your essay – children, teenagers, adults, or a universal topic.
- Do a preliminary investigation of several fashion research paper topics at once. Compare sources and choose the one where they are more valuable.
- Think about how the chosen topic can be helpful in modern society.
- Try changing the title to something more exciting.
Now, you are ready to choose your ideal theme. Below, we have prepared a few selections with current topics this year. We are sure that you will be able to pick up something among them for your research paper.
The Ultimate List of Fashion Research Paper Topics
The most exciting and relevant fashion research paper topics that may surprise you:
- Covid-19 and its influence on the fashion industry.
- Is there racism in the fashion industry?
- The role of fashion in world culture.
- Best fashion movies over the last 15 years.
- How is the fashion idol for teenagers in 2022?
- What trends will return to fashion in the 2022-2023 season?
- Gender roles in the fashion industry.
- Impact of subcultures on fashion during the last 50 years.
- Can fashion effect us psychologically?
- Why were hippies so influential in the 60s and 70s fashion?
- The best celebrity fashions of all time at the Oscars ceremonies.
- Asian and European fashion: What is the difference?
- Does Kim Kardashian still have an impact on fashion trends?
- Plus-size fashion industry: Who is the idol among curvy models?
- Politics in fashion: What impact do they have?
- The fashion industry in Islamic states.
- What are cultural values in fashion?
- Best global fashion brands: Channel.
- The loudest scandals of the fashion houses of the 21st century.
- Impact of Valentino on other fashion brands.
15 Fashion History Research Paper Topics
Everything has its own history of origin, development, and modern aspects of what is happening now. And fashion is no exception. So, if you love both history and fashion, choose a theme from this list:
- Fashion trends for royalty.
- Did the first people wear clothes, and what style did they prefer?
- Designers whose names entered the history of the fashion industry.
- Was there a place for fashion during World War II?
- What are the differences between men’s and women’s clothing at the beginning of the 20th century?
- Were there “fashion shows” in the Middle Ages?
- What impact have innovations had on modern fashion?
- Are hats an artifact of the past or a stylish everyday accessory?
- Does the past influence the fashion of the future?
- How did the retro style appear, and why is it relevant again?
- Periods of fashion boutiques over the past 100 years.
- How has men’s style changed for suits over the past 100 years?
- Why is Charles Frederick Worth the father of fashion?
- Women in fashion: Who is the first female designer?
- Fashion history: the brightest period of the 19-21st centuries.
10 Research Paper Topics Fashion Industry Oriented
If fashion is not an abstract concept for you, check out fashion research paper topics that need more profound research and understanding:
- Jane Austen’s style and its impact on modern fashion.
- Is the balance between functionality and style important?
- Does sexism exist in fashion? What are its manifestations?
- How does the fashion industry work: Core principles.
- How has wedding ceremony style changed over the last 20 years?
- Who is more successful: Men or women fashion designers?
- Rules for combining different colors and styles.
- Ethnicity’s impact on modern fashion trends.
- Costume culture of Michael Jackson.
- The importance of a capsule wardrobe for business people.
10 Interesting Research Paper Topics About Fashion
Topics that are increasingly becoming popular in the Google search engine:
- Do accessories influence fashion?
- Military fashion: Does it exist?
- Can a school uniform be stylish and follow fashion trends?
- What are the fashion habits of men and women: Common and distinctive features?
- Is it possible to be fashionable without money?
- What fashion trends do not understand our grandparents?
- What is the heart of Vogue: London, Paris, or New York?
- Is fashion cyclic in the world?
- Is fashion always about following trends?
- What should be understood by fashion: Clothes, hairstyles, accessories?
10 Bonus Fashion Research Paper Ideas
If you still have doubts about the theme, we will present the ideas that can inspire you to create your fashion topic.
- Fashion in 1800-s, 1900-s, or 2000-s.
- Minimalist fashion trends.
- Youth fashion trends for older women.
- Jeans have been an iconic trend for several centuries.
- Couture beginning and modern impact
- Role of fashion in an advertisement.
- Uniqueness is a new fashion trend.
- Determining temperament by fashion style.
- Forecasts for future fashion trends: 2030s.
- Impact of the Internet on fashion.
Do you like several fashion research paper topics and don’t know which one to choose? We can help you select and shape your ideas into a single fascinating paper. So, save your nerves and time and trust professionals. We will not stop until you like your essay 100%.